City Annexation Plan
In 2008, the City of Santa Fe and Santa Fe County officials reached an Annexation Settlement Agreement under which the City will annex the territory generally bounded by Interstate 25 and highway NM 599. Phase 1 became effective on November 24, 2009. The Agua Fria Traditional Historic Community will remain under county jurisdiction.
Phase 2 - January 1, 2014
Phase 3 - 2018
Annexation Phasing Maps
Mapping Information and links
Frequently Asked Questions.
Open Houses / Public Meetings & Hearings
Annexation Open House (Genoveva Chavez Community Center, 3221 Rodeo Road); you can come anytime during open house hours to talk with staff.
- Areas 2 & 4 – Monday, September 9th, 5:30–7:30 pm
- Areas 5 & 7 – Tuesday, September 10th, 5:30–7:30 pm
- Areas 1 & 12 – Saturday, September 14th, 1:00–3:00 pm
ELUC / ELUA Public Meetings (County Administration Building, 102 Grant Avenue)
- Extraterritorial Land Use Commission – Thursday, September 19th, 6:00 pm
- Extraterritorial Land Use Authority – Thursday, September 26th, 6:00 pm
- Extraterritorial Land Use Authority – Thursday, November 7th, 6:00 pm to hear amendments to the Subdivision, Platting, Planning and Zoning Ordinance.
Planning Commission/City Council Public Hearings (City Hall, 200 Lincoln Avenue)
- Planning Commission – Thursday, October 17th, 6:00 pm
- City Council – Wednesday, November 13th, 7:00 pm
Land Use and Zoning in the Annexation Areas
The City has been granted Land Use authority (i.e. subdivision, planning, platting and zoning) for all three phases of the City-initiated annexation, prior to the areas officially being annexed.
Read and/or download Ordinance 2009-01. - An Ordinance Establishing Subdivision, Platting, Planning and Zoning Rules within the Presumptive City Limits and within unincorporated areas of the County that are subject to the Extraterritorial, subdivision, platting, planning and zoning jurisdiction of the City of Santa Fe; establishing definitions; providing for transitional provisions; repealing Ordinance Nos. 1997-4, 1997-3, 1999-1, 1999-5, 1999-6, 2000-01, 2000-03.
For additional information call Reed Liming at (505) 955-6610 or send an email to .